[CentOS] Problems reading a backup data DVD

Fri Aug 24 16:14:10 UTC 2007

On Monday, 20 August 2007, "Mark Hull-Richter" <mhullrich at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Message: 55
<snip>
> If the icon is on your desktop, you should be able to access the DVD
> through it.  I think that means that gnome recognized the disk.  I've
> never seen a drive icon on the desktop and have it NOT appear in the
> mounted disks in mount or df.

Mark: What I see, when gnome-mount (?), or something else, is not
working properly, is a generic icon for the DVD drive. If a DVD is
mounted, properly, it will also show me the label for the DVD and work
properly. So far, to get a DVD to mount properly in that drive, I need
to do it manually. Always, if I put the CentOS install DVD and boot the
box, it will mount properly. I believe this is a problem with a
configuration file or permissions. Lanny