[CentOS] LDAP + SAMBA + NIS + PHP help

Scott Ehrlich scott at MIT.EDU
Sat Aug 25 09:49:32 UTC 2007

Continuing my single sign-on efforts, I'm adjusting things a bit -
incorporating NIS+Samba+LDAP on the server.

I found an Ubuntu-based document that gives step-by-step instructions for
my things, and seemed to work as I was adapting some of the items to
RH/CentOS.  Its url is:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LDAP-Samba_PDC_(for_Linux_and_Windows)

There are other similar documents for other Unix variants, including
FreeBSD.  Just search on http://localhost/phpldapadmin

One of the key items it mentions is http://phpldapadmin for complete
web-based, graphical management of ldap.   This, obviously sounds great,
but I couldn't find a similar document for CentOS/RHEL 5.  Fedora 1 is the
closest.

It would be geat if someone could find one for a modern CentOS/RH
distribution.

Thanks.

Scott