[CentOS] rpmforge checksum errors

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Tue Aug 28 06:31:21 UTC 2007

Dag Wieers wrote on Tue, 28 Aug 2007 02:21:49 +0200 (CEST):

> You could start off with specifying what server you are using and whether
> you have the same problem with other mirrors.

As already said the problem exists with an unspecified number of mirrors. I
don't use "a" mirror. I installed your rpmforge repo rpm package. That
retrieves the list of mirrors and tries one (at random it seems). The
checksum fails, it goes off to the next and so on. It seems to do this
about ten times and then stops. Or maybe it was out of mirrors. One time
none of them succeeded the checksum check, usually it takes 4, 5 or 6 tries
before I get a valid checksum. I didn't write them down as it always seemed
to be different ones (but I may be wrong on that) and there's apparently no
log which lists the failures. I can either follow-up here or in pm if it
happens again. So, is there something I can do when it fails again? For
instance, could I do a manual checksum check? If so, how? Is this an md5
check of the primary.xml.gz?

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany