[CentOS] Mapping to Samba

Scott Moseman

scmoseman at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 19:05:39 UTC 2007

Using GUI methods (read: easy for most users), is there a way to map
to a Samba share and have it accessible to all applications?  Going
through Nautilus I'm able to create a link to the shares, but they're
not accessible from many applications.  And, obviously, this is going
to be something that changes per user (different mappings, different
credentials, etc), so I can't use a static mapping on the machines.  I
could live with /etc/fstab entries if they could be dynamically
adjusted based on the user that's logging into the system.

How do other people handle this situation?

Thanks,
Scott