[CentOS] Stage2.img

semi linux linuxsemi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 17:10:05 UTC 2007

On 8/28/07, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:
> semi linux wrote:
> > Good call...  I had thought of that but had assumed it would only
> > present me the same options as anaconda does (all local - hdx and/or
> > fdx)... as it turns-out, the --source=http:// could work nicely...
> > I'll give it a shot.
> >
> > Just out of curiosity though, what is the process for mounting /
> > recreating CentOS 5 stage2.img?  It's obviously different from the old
> > ones... is this documented anywhere?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >     - G.

> >> you can use the dd option in kickstart as well
>
> firstly, dont top post.
>
> secondly, anaconda has lots of docs online all over the place now - specially in
> the last year or so. and there are docs included inside the anaconda rpm too.

Not top posting (although I think this a preference more then a rule).

Let me clarify what I'm asking - What's different about the stage2.img
file distributed with CentOS 5.0?  The instructions found on the web
for 'hacking' this don't work as the file doesn't seem to be cramfs
and/or mountable.  Is it a different FS?

As suggested, I greped /usr/share/doc/anaconda-11.1.2.36 for any
mention of "stage2" and "cram" and all are irrelevant to this post.

- G.