[CentOS] Setting up RAID using mdadm on a proliant DL320 G4

israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu israel.garcia at cimex.com.cu
Wed Aug 29 21:12:05 UTC 2007

 Hi, I have a new server HP proliant DL320 G4, with two 160 GB SATA hdds.. I have installed CentOS 4.5  with mdadm without any problem, but when I disconnect one disk the server does not boot or I received a kernel panic when booting... I have disabled the SATA embeded raid (BIOS) and nothing.. I've also download the driver from HP site HP (Embedded SATA RAID Controller Driver Diskette for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (x86)). and nothing it does not recognize the driver from HP... does anybody knows how to setup a software linux RAID on a proliant DL320 G4?

thanks in advance
regards,
Israel