[CentOS] Can't print PDFs or PSs in CentOS 5.0

Wed Aug 1 01:19:41 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

For some reason, when I try to print any graphic PDF (or a PS file made
from said graphic), it kills my Minolta 1100 laser printer, and I have
to cancel the job, disable the printer and turn the printer off and on
as many times as it takes to clear its buffer of the trash.

I'm running CentOS 5.0 and have tried Adobe Acrobat Reader 7.0 for
Linux;  I have also tried printing the pdf to a file and running it
straight through lpr, using the GIMP (although I've NEVER been able to
print graphics from there), and even the Image Viewer (which chokes and
dies silently while trying to load the file).

Any suggestions?  I'm using the standard CUPS print system for all of
this....

Thanks.

mhr