[CentOS] KStars on CentOS 4.4?

Fri Aug 3 21:27:25 UTC 2007
Lamar Owen <lowen at pari.edu>

On Thursday 26 July 2007, Lanny Marcus wrote:
> Is there an RPM for this? I think it's in the kdeedu package on the FC6
> DVD. My wife is an amateur astronomer and she uses this excellent
> program. If upstream isn't including it, can I get it and not break my
> CentOS 4.4 system? (Also, I'd like to migrate her and my daughter to
> CentOS). TIA, Lanny

Use the KDE-Redhat repository; see kde-redhat.sourceforge.net.  Note that
KDE-Redhat does a forklift upgrade of KDE and will change a large number of
packages; this may or may not be desireable for you.  I have used and
currently use KDE-RedHat with several CentOS 4 installs, to get KStars for us
to do telescope control.

The KDE in CentOS 4 is quite old, and kstars has improved by leaps and bounds
since then.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer