[CentOS] CentOS vs RedHat packages

Sat Aug 4 20:31:59 UTC 2007
Scott Ehrlich <scott at MIT.EDU>

Hello Once Again:

Another learning experience question - it is my understanding that CentOS
essentially IS RedHat but with any commercial connection removed.   That
being said, is there any difference in the included, or quality of
packages between the two distros?

I've got some basic issues with a critical server I'm about to set up, and
if I cannot get beyond said issues, I may opt to try CentOS.  Seeing that
CentOS is free (can't call RedHat for support), I'm wondering if I should
try and make the case for CentOS over RedHat.  Once the choice is made, it
may be next to impossible to revert to the other version (RH vs CentOS).

Thanks for your insights.

Scott