[CentOS] Virtualisation of Netware?

Tue Aug 7 13:46:22 UTC 2007
Nigel Kendrick <support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk>

Hi,

I am hoping someone can kick me up the learning curve (!) on Virtualization:

We have an old piece of data logging software that was written in Turbo
Pascal 6 using a file I/O module tuned to Netware and so it expects its data
files to be on a Netware server and will not access them locally or via an
MS/Samba share - essentially, it uses direct NCP calls for parts of its data
access.

The logging software was replaced two years ago, but we need occasional
access to the data for a minimum of 6 years and so I wondered whether I
could virtualize a Netware 3.x/4.x/5.x or 6./x server under Linux (or
Win..er..you know..).

I have found some articles on Netware 6.5 virtualization but would really
appreciate input from anyone actually doing this already - otherwise I'll
just have to keep the existing Netware server in the computer room to be
fired up about 3-4 times a year 'on demand'. For info, I'm running a Netware
6.5 1-user 'demo' licence - the original install was on Netware 3.12 until
the server died and no-one could find the original Netware floppies!

Thanks

Nigel Kendrick