[CentOS] limits.conf for file size on vsftpd

Fri Aug 10 00:05:28 UTC 2007
Eric Solomon <eric at clickability.com>

I've read conflicting reports on whether this works or not ... I have a
chrooted instance of vsftpd (using chroot_local_user=YES), with
nopriv_user=vsftpd. I set the following in my limits.conf file:

vsftpd          hard    fsize           50000

Now, I know this works in a shell. However, I want it to work for users
uploading files, but they can upload away without issue.  Has anyone
actually got the limits.conf setting to take effect?  I tried adding

session required pam_limits.so

to pam.d/vsftpd, but that doesn't seem to have any effect either.

Eric Solomon
Senior Unix Engineer
Clickability

Simplifying Content Management

130 Battery Street, Suite 300 San Francisco CA 94111
Tel  415-575-5125    eric at clickability.com
Fax 415-538-0839    http://www.clickability.com