[CentOS] "Site down for maintenance" - How is this accomplished?

Fri Aug 24 03:15:01 UTC 2007
Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) <matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com>

Hello everyone,

Although we use CentOS primarily on our servers, this query is
actually more of a general networking question than something specific
to CentOS.

In the next week or so, we shall be migrating our in-house servers to
a data center. While we're doing that, we'd like to show a "Site down
for maintenance" message while the servers that hosts our websites (we
have around 15 sites hosted btw), are down.

So, how is this accomplished? While I can probably hack something on
our name servers, I'm sure there are people on this list that have
been doing this and could give some recommendations as to the best
practices for this type of task.

Thanks in advance,
Matt

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.