[CentOS] Xen VM vanishes after creation

Mon Aug 27 11:00:50 UTC 2007
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Just starting and playing around with Xen on Centos 5.
I created a new VM (para-virtualized) with the Virtual Machine Manager,
installed Centos 5 minimal on it, rebooted after successful installation.
The VM console vanishes on shutdown and that's it. The VM id vanishes from
the VM Manager and there's no way to get it back. It looks like the new VM
doesn't exist. xm list shows only Domain-0, virsh list --all tells me that
it cannot list the inactive domains. A restore from the VM file fails as
well.
The VM image file exists (in /home/vm), a config file for it in /etc/xen
exists. But I don't see where the path to the image file might have been
saved. Maybe that's the problem? (I know the location can create a problem
with SELinux, but I'm currently running permissive and only testing.)

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany