[CentOS] My server won't boot (grub looping - stage2)

Wed Aug 29 18:36:49 UTC 2007
mbneto <mbneto at gmail.com>

Hi,

This morning one of my servers (centos 4.5) refused to boot.  The console
shows a lopp message grub loading stage2...

I've been able to boot from the install CD choosing the rescue option.  I
can chroot /mnt/sysimage with no problems and even started the services
(network, mysql , httpd etc).

How can I solve this?

I've followed the manual (
http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Installing-GRUB-using-grub_002dinstall.html#Installing-GRUB-using-grub_002dinstall)
but now just keeps beeping with the GRUB fixed :)

I have 3 IDE disks, hda, hde and hdg.
My /boot is a raid device /dev/md0 of /dev/(hda2,hde2,hdg2).
cat /proc/mdstat shows all disks online and active in the array.

I have tried the
grub-install --root-directory=boot --no-floppy hd0 (ou /dev/hda).

With the same results.

Ideas?