[CentOS] CentOS things to mod for VMware server

Wed Aug 1 18:51:45 UTC 2007
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 8/1/07, Rogelio Bastardo <scubacuda at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to make a CentOS-based VMware server.
> Anything I should consider before doing so?

See http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=2189

There's some good info in there.
Beyond that, disable/remove stuff you're not using. Keep your virtual
machine files on a separate partition (mounted with noatime) and if
you're using raid, make sure you lay out the filesystem properly for
block alignment. This will REALLY give you a good speed boost for
vmware.

You can change some memory options in /etc/sysctl.conf, but these are
more customized so you'll have to play around with them or google a
bit.

George Orwell