[CentOS] Re: Mixing RPMforge and EPEL (Was: EPEL repo)

Thu Aug 2 06:43:38 UTC 2007
Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net>

> That's not what I meant.  Obviously we need additional packages in other
> repositories and that will be true as long as there is any policy that
> might exclude any contribution to a centrally managed repository.  The
> question is, why do we need/want different versions of the same-named
> packages, or packages that provide different versions of the same files
> that can overwrite each other based on conditions we can't control?
> There probably is a good reason to want this - I just can't think of it
> right now.

We don't. That is why we need tags since we do not track every package
in every repo. Having tags allows pinpointing from which repo the
'problem' package comes from and then setting appropriate yum configs...