[CentOS] Re: Mixing RPMforge and EPEL (Was: EPEL repo)

Thu Aug 2 07:52:11 UTC 2007
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net>

On Wed, Aug 01, 2007 at 11:29:25AM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> You'll have to remind me why anyone wants different same-named packages
> with differences the end user doesn't understand and can't control to
> exist at all before I can comment on a solution about managing them.

Let's assume no one wants that (I think I don't). Shouldn't you be
chasing the repo that just created the duplicates instead of the ones
that supported RHEL/CentOS over years now?

And before you rightfully extend the argument - as far as duplicates
between RPMForge/Dag, Dries, Karan Extras, CentOS Extras SL contrib
and ATrpms are concerned: We're working *together* on eliminating
them. We're too old for clone wars, the only kid on the block that
wants to play by its own rules is on another list, go patronize it ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net