[CentOS] Re: Can't print PDFs or PSs in CentOS 5.0

Thu Aug 2 18:38:17 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Mark Hull-Richter spake the following on 8/2/2007 11:11 AM:
> On 8/2/07, Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com> wrote:
>> Try a lower resolution as a test for a printer memory issue.
>>

> Same problem at 600dpi and 300dpi (lowest setting available).
>
> Still, if that were the problem, would it not also occur when printing
> from a Wndows guest under VMWare to the same printer?  It doesn't (or
> didn't when my VMWare was running ok).
>
> mhr
It could have been that the windows driver sent the images compressed or some
other optimizations.
Open printing recommends the pxlmono driver. Maybe theirs is more up to date.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and