[CentOS] kmod-drbd-smp (2.6.9-55.0.2.EL) has unknown symbols (kmod-drbd not).

Fri Aug 3 12:08:32 UTC 2007
Daniel de Kok <danieldk at pobox.com>

On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 13:49 +0200, Martin Hamant wrote:
> Le Tue, 31 Jul 2007 14:16:54 +0200
> Martin Hamant <mh at accelance.fr> écrivait:
>
> (snip)
> > I don't know how it's possible to improve this, maybe a yum plugin
> > which could detect any drbd modules and if it's matches with
> > any installed kernels... what do you think ?
> >
> > Thanks to you :)
> >

> Hmm in other words, I can contribute if something started to improve the
> system ;)

I have written a plugin to carry over modules that are kabi compatible
if no new package was found to cover for the module for a new kernel.
The latest alpha version is available from:

http://people.centos.org/~daniel/code/yum/3.0/yum-kmodorphans/

Please don't use this for production machines! There are still some
glitches that need fixing, and the policy of what to handle still has to
be finalized.

-- Daniel