[CentOS] CentOS things to mod for VMware server

Sat Aug 4 12:59:20 UTC 2007
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 8/3/07, Yiorgos Stamoulis <yiorgos-lists at stamoulis.eu> wrote:

> XFS allegedly handles large files better than ext3/reiserfs.
>
> and we all know that vmx files can be  . . . . big!
>
> Has anyone run any benchmarks on xfs / ext3 / reiserfs to establish
> which is better suited for holding virtual machines?

The only reason I'd avoid xfs here is for x86 systems. XFS still
doesn't play well with kernels using 4k stacks. This has improved, but
it still can leave you with crashes/corruption. For x86_64 systems the
problem isn't nearly as bad, as this kernel uses 8k stacks, so xfs is
a bit more reliable.

George Orwell