[CentOS] how to find out which is the system disk by bios?

Mon Aug 6 15:42:53 UTC 2007
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

This is a common problem and there is no good way for CentOS to know
which controller (and thus which disk) is the onboard controller and
thus which should be loaded first.

In this scenario YOU need to know which disk is the onboard one(s) and
select those for install.

One way around this in a kickstart is, IF the SATA controllers use a
different driver you can specify which storage driver to load in the
kickstart. I forget the exact directive, but you should find it in the
RHEL 5 kickstart docs online.

That way only the drives off that controller will be active during the
install.

-Ross