[CentOS] Virtualisation of Netware?

Tue Aug 7 14:58:38 UTC 2007
Nigel Kendrick <support-lists at petdoctors.co.uk>

-----Original Message-----
From: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] On Behalf
Of G.Stamoulis at brighton.ac.uk
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 3:27 PM
To: CentOS mailing list
Subject: Re: [CentOS] Virtualisation of Netware?

Nigel Kendrick wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am hoping someone can kick me up the learning curve (!) on
Virtualization:

> We have an old piece of data logging software that was written in Turbo
> Pascal 6 using a file I/O module tuned to Netware and so it expects its
data

I had installed a Netware 6 server on VMware WS 5 a couple of years back
in a scenario similar to yours.  If memory serves right, problems were
lack of VMware tools (no big deal) and lack of ipx/spx (this may be
critical to you).

Yiorgos

Thanks - it's working OK on NW6.5 via IP so that's maybe a good sign. Worse
case I'll just keep the server in storage but it seems a waste.