[CentOS] Yum install preferred arch only

Tue Aug 7 18:15:53 UTC 2007
Ross S. W. Walker <rwalker at medallion.com>

Yeah, I am doing that now and while it is ok I was wondering if there
was a way to set an "affinity" to the target architecture so one can
still explicitly install the .i386 version by explicitly specifying
it on the install, and if there were any dependencies to i386 versions
they would be resolved.

Maybe it's time for Yet-Another-Yum-Plugin YAYP, I will call it
yum-arch-affinity and will only select the target arch of a package
if multiple versions resolve, and if only 1 resolves to allow that
to go through, this should allow packages that have explicit archs
to resolve through.

-Ross