[CentOS] Centos 5 install failed compounded - no CD?

Wed Aug 8 22:42:19 UTC 2007

Greg C wrote:
> We installed a system from a USB and had to unplug and plug it back in
> while the kernel was loading and sorting out the hardware devices.
nope.

Since I am using a PS/2 kybd/mouse to USB adapter, I have to unplug and
replug that in at the prompt to be able to press the enter key to start
the install.

And it loads the things no problem.

Gets to asking about the keyboard type and then goes to the source
question.  I unplug and plug in the 'CDrom' and no change. :(  The CDrom
is set to get power externally, so after I unpluged the USB, I also
unplugged the AC adapter, then reversed and still nothing.

I will have to see if I can fit the CDs on a 2Gb USB drive and if that
gets recognized it.  Wait, I can just try and see if it CAN see the USB
drive.....    Nope to that too.  Going to have to pull the hard drive,
partition it and copy the CDs to it.  Which ones do I need for a minimum
desktop install?