[CentOS] The CentOS-Plus kernel

Thu Aug 9 01:29:00 UTC 2007
Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com>

On 8/8/07, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/8/07, Michael St. Laurent <mikes at hartwellcorp.com> wrote:
> > I see the new kernel available in the plus repository... is there some
> > way to view what the differences are between that and the mainline
> > kernel?
>
> You would need to compare the config files between the distro kernel
> and centosplus kernel. For example, in 2.6.18-8.1.8, the following
> options that are turned off in the distro kernel are enabled in
> centosplus.

Note that the list in my previous post was for the latest CentOS 5
kernel (2.6.18-8.1.8).  The options may change dependent on the
version.  For example, the first CentOS-5 centosplus kernel did NOT
have the firewire enabled.  This was turned on in later versions upon
request.  Note also that the NTFS support in C5 is for read access
only (no write access).

Akemi