[CentOS] new CentOS 5 as DNS server

Fri Aug 10 01:45:55 UTC 2007
Dan Pritts <danno at internet2.edu>

On Thu, Aug 02, 2007 at 01:20:04PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> But back to DNS - I run a really old and ugly script after updating zone
> files that builds the reverse zones, commits the changes to a cvs
> repository, and restarts named to pick up the changes.  Is there some
> modern equivalent for this operation?

i use a script called "mkrdns" that isn't especially ugly.  it's out
on the net, and its website mentions something called dnscvsutil that
also apparently does CVS and incorporates mkrdns.

it doesn't have v6/AAAA support though, so if you find something
that does i'd appreciate hearing about it.

tnx
danno
--
Dan Pritts, System Administrator