[CentOS] Re: Automount configuration problem

Mon Aug 13 23:51:38 UTC 2007
Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu>

On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 06:03:43PM -0500, Lanny Marcus alleged:
> On 13 August 2007, Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com wrote:
> <snip>
> > This wiki may help?
> >
> > http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks/HAL
>
> Akemi: Thank you. I will read that page, carefully. I have one other
> idea: I have only tried this with GNOME. Both boxes also have KDE
> installed. I want to try it with KDE, to verify that it is an automount
> problem and *not* a GNOME problem. Lanny

I just want to correct something here... gnome/kde media handling has nothing
to do with "automount".  Automount is an entirely different system using the
automountd daemon and filesystem maps usually used for mounting network
filesystems on-demand and unmounting them when idle.