[CentOS] Mail Restrictions with sendmail

Thu Aug 16 04:20:34 UTC 2007
Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75 at gmail.com>

On 8/15/07, Feizhou <feizhou at graffiti.net> wrote:

> >      >
> >      > And also enabling quota.
> >      >
> >      > What is the best way to add quota?
> >      >

> >     Filesystem quotas?
> >

> > quotas to limit the mailbox size
> >
> > e.g
> > /var/spool/mail/username
> > *
> > *
> >

> I thought you might be using mbox...so...will filesystem quotas do it
> for you then? If it will, just enable filesystem quotas and the system
> will start limiting how large the mbox files can get. man edquota,
> quota, ...

Thanks for your info. quota RPM has been instaled by the default
instalation.

Pls see below.

[root at mailgw ~]# rpm -qa |grep quota
quota-3.12-5

I will have to edit /etc/fstab . I will have to add usrquota,grpquota

Now, my question is to which partition should I have to add
usrquota,grpquota.

Is it to /var partion should I have to add quota as All incoming mail will
be stored as  /var/spool/mail/username

or

Is it to /home partion should I have to add quota as All users are system
users ( i.e- /etc/passwd, /etc/shadow and /etc/group

to create account I use traditional useradd command as follows.
useradd username

my partion table of the hard disk is as follows. /var and /home partion are
marked in BOLD letters.
pls see below

[root at mailgw ~]# df -h
/dev/sda2              39G  1.6G   35G   5% /
/dev/sda1             2.9G   53M  2.7G   2% /boot
none                  251M     0  251M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda5              39G  201M   37G   1% /home
/dev/sda7             6.8G  2.4G  4.1G  38% /opt
/dev/sda6             6.8G   48M  6.4G   1% /tmp
/dev/sda8              52G  1.4G   48G   3% /var

YOUR comments are welcome .