[CentOS] Re: using fuse on centos 5 with xp

Fri Aug 17 16:29:07 UTC 2007
Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net>

On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 07:37:13AM -0400, Dave wrote:
> --> Processing Dependency: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-8.el5 for package:
> fuse-kmdl-2.6.18-8.el5
> Importing additional filelist information
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-8.el5 is needed by package
> fuse-kmdl-2.6.18-8.el5

There are two issues here:

a) /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-8.el5 should be part of the base CentOS
   release
b) There are fuse-kmdl-* for any released kernel in the repo and yum
   just fails to pick up a sensible one.

You can fix by explicitly asking yum to install a amtching kmdl the
first time and then use the yum-plugin-kmdl to automate this for
further kernel updates:

yum install fuse-kmdl-`uname -r` yum-plugin-kmdl

> #uname -a
> Linux wserv.example.net 2.6.18-8.1.8.el5.centos.plus #1 SMP Mon Jul 16
> 08:49:50 EDT 2007 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Also note that as others have written you accidentially got the
ATrpms' version of fuse, you wanted to get Dag's version. I think both
will work the same for you and Dag and I will be putting our heads
together to melt our methods into one getting the best of both
worlds. :)

But for now you need to decide for one setup and stick to it. If you
want to use the dkms solution use an exclude directive in ATrpms' repo
definition to not see any "fuse*" packages. That will ensure that all
fuse stuff comes from Dag.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net