[CentOS] Kernel

Sun Aug 19 16:40:10 UTC 2007
John R Pierce <pierce at hogranch.com>

centos wrote:
> Thanks ,
>
> I will try to use kernel that comes in centos website, I think that
> would be safer.
>
> my server is in remote location, and I don't see any grub screen, so I
> was wondering
> if there is an option that I can specify the kernel that Linux to be
> booted at the reboot time,
> some thing like shutdown -g0 -i6 which_kernel-options
>
> am I able to see console screen with KVM ? I wish we had it, so I
> could see whats happening
> on console, or is there any way to redirect the console to remote
> terminal ?

A) use a server with a remote console feature like HP Proliant's iLO
(Integrated Ligths Out), which has its own ethernet port and address and
lets you connect with a web browser (https encrypted protocol) and
view/control the console

B) use a "IP KVM" which lets you connect to any of a bank of servers in
a similar fashion to A)

C) get a special video card that implements IP video/keyboard, and works
similar to A and B