[CentOS] Re: Need help to track an ip port problem

Mon Aug 20 22:12:24 UTC 2007
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Kai Schaetzl spake the following on 8/20/2007 11:31 AM:
> Tom Brown wrote on Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:39:54 +0100:
>
>> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
>
> This is what you have to remove from the mc file, yes. That is what *I*
> do. But I think it can be made easier for the average user. At least from
> older SuSE systems I know that this can be done with a variable in
> /etc/sysconfig/sendmail and then rerunning SuSE-config which will update
> the sendmail.cf. I would expect that something similar can be done on
> RHEL/CentOS.
>
> Kai

Not as far as I recall. In RedHat based distros you need to edit sendmail.mc
and remake the cf file. Editing the mc is also a good thing to do to fix up
some of the liberal defaults in that file, maybe following some of the
guidelines in http://technoids.org/dossed.html.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and