[CentOS] can't login to remote cvs server

Tue Aug 21 17:20:23 UTC 2007
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu <m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca>

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 15:05 -0400, Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu wrote:
> I'm stumped.  I can't figure out why cvs keeps saying the repository
> doesn't exist.  I'm missing something critical, obviously.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas about what I'm doing wrong?

I figured it out.  Since I setup a couple of repositories, I had to
change the existing --allow-root parameter in /etc/xinetd.d/cvs
from /var/cvs to /var/cvs/asterisk, and add another one for the other
repository.  So, the server_args line now looks like this:

server_args         = -f --allow-root=/var/cvs/asterisk
--alow-root=/var/cvs/openser pserver

I restarted xinetd after the change, and then logging into the cvs repos
worked just fine.

I hope that helps someone in the future.

Regards,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu