[CentOS] High Performance SSH/SCP - HPN-SSH

Tue Aug 21 18:38:47 UTC 2007
Ray Van Dolson <rvandolson at esri.com>

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 03:28:10AM +0900, Yuji Tsuchimoto wrote:
> Dear CentOS lovers,
>
> Could you consider to include a patch,
> http://www.psc.edu/networking/projects/hpn-ssh/
> for openssh maybe as CentosPlus packages?
> It has great speed impact for long-distance ( high delay ) transfer.

This would be pretty cool.  Would it be appropriate for CentOS Plus?

I know Fedora had a pretty good thread on the possibility of adding
this, but I think it was sort of decided against.  Felt it was more
appropriate to push OpenSSH to add support for this type of thing.

So I doubt we'll see it in RHEL/CentOS anytime soon, but perhaps Plus
would be the place for it..

Ray