[CentOS] Hot swap SATA?

Wed Aug 22 00:26:23 UTC 2007
Gordon McLellan <gordonthree at gmail.com>

Just to add my 5 cents (centos 5 cents that is har har)...

I have several plain jane seagate sata drives, connected mostly to nforce4
sata (module sata_nv)  controller, and a few connected to a silicon image
controller (sata_sil) ... hot swap is a non issue for me.  All my drives are
part of MD raid sets - I down the drive using mdadm, and then just pull it
from the chassis (Supermicro 5 drive chassis).  Adding a new drive is
equally easy, just slide it into the chassis and use mdadm to add it to an
array.

Gordon