[CentOS] 10+ TB RAID experiences?

Wed Aug 22 14:34:53 UTC 2007
Tomasz Napierała <zen at allegro.pl>

On Wednesday 22 August 2007 15:56:12 Scott Ehrlich wrote:
> I'm looking for RAID options for at least 10 TB to attach to a Dell
> PowerEdge 2950 running RHEL 5 64-bit Server.
>
> The system will act as a single sign-on server for XP and Linux, thus
> storing user's data from mounted home directories exported from the server
> to various workstations.  It may also house a database.    I'll need a
> storage solution starting at least 10 TB.

3PAR - most innovative storage solution on the market at the moment, and thier
stuff absolutely rocks. Unfortunately I don't know the costs, but technically
it's brilliant.

> Most of the SAS devices I've seen go up to 2 TB.  Looking at the IBM
> System Storage devices, for example, they offer 12 TB and up.
> I'm not sure of the budget, so I'll discount cost for now.
>
> How good are IBM's rack RAID devices?   I'm just looking at their System
> Storage DS4xxx line.

We had lot of problems problems with IBM storage, but it's probably my
personal feeling ;)

> How about EMC?  Network Appliance?    Clariion?

Don't have personal experience.

--
Tomasz Napierala
System Administrator