[CentOS] New server is not discovering USB drive attachment

Wed Aug 22 19:02:32 UTC 2007

Ralph Angenendt wrote:
> Robert Moskowitz wrote:
>
>> Just built a Centos 5 system last night that will be a NAS server.
>>
>> I have a bunch of notebook drives with information I want to populate the
>> NAS with.
>>
>> I am logged in as root.  I plug in the USB notebook drive device and
>> nothing.
>>
>> My notebook has no trouble with this device.  Obliviously I missed
>> something in the install.
>>
>> autofs is reported as running, so not that.
>>

> Obvious info is missing: /var/log/messages, output of "dmesg" ...
Nothing I can see in "dmesg"

in Messages, I fined:

Aug 22 11:46:44 onlo pcscd: winscard.c:219:SCardConnect() Reader E-Gate
0 0 Not Found
Aug 22 11:46:44 onlo last message repeated 4 times

Could this be associated with this problem?