{Phishing} {Disarmed} [CentOS] Trying to understand Remote desktops

Fri Aug 24 12:20:21 UTC 2007
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

mail.com>

Jeremy Gray wrote on Fri, 24 Aug 2007 07:35:54 -0400:

> I almost gave up myself

Hi Jeremy, thanks for your continued help. Wireshark got me going. That
was really really stupid. I had changed the hostname of the machine and
mistakenly had typed in the old hostname in the NX client and never
realized by watching at it that it was the wrong one. It works now just
fine. Cannot see any visible advantage over VNC, though, at least not at
LAN speeds.
There's one thing that I apparently cannot do with NX and that is attach
to an existing non-NX session, right? This would be the main purpose here,
attach to the console session from another machine. So, I will have to use
VNC for that, anyway.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany