[CentOS] Problems reading a backup data DVD

Fri Aug 24 17:48:04 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

> Mark: What I see, when gnome-mount (?), or something else, is not
> working properly, is a generic icon for the DVD drive. If a DVD is
> mounted, properly, it will also show me the label for the DVD and work
> properly. So far, to get a DVD to mount properly in that drive, I need
> to do it manually. Always, if I put the CentOS install DVD and boot the
> box, it will mount properly. I believe this is a problem with a
> configuration file or permissions. Lanny

On my machine, if the removable media doesn't mount properly, I get no
icon at all, an likewise if I mount the media manually.  When I was
using KDE under Suse, I saw icons for all the drives, IIRC, but not in
Gnome under CentOS at least since 4.4.

Thanks.

mhr