[CentOS] centos] Xen VM vanishes after creation

Mon Aug 27 22:15:29 UTC 2007
Kai Schaetzl <maillists at conactive.com>

Timothy Selivanow wrote on Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:55:15 -0700:

> As another poster already said...`man xm`.

Doesn't help, doesn't tell me how to start a VM that wasn't saved. No, "xm
create" does *not* do this.

Here's a hint: `/usr/sbin/xm
> create ${config_file}`.  When you shutdown a guest it does leave the
> list of running domains (i.e. what `xm list` shows you).  The default
> location for VM configurations is '/etc/xen/'.  If you want them to
> start at boot, sym-link the conf to '/etc/xen/auto/'.

And how do I start this VM in a running system? Or is booting it up when
xend boots up the only option? If so, then I don't see this mentioned
anywhere.

Kai

--
Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany