[CentOS] Strange behavior from OO Writer

Tue Aug 28 02:07:53 UTC 2007
Mark Hull-Richter <mhullrich at gmail.com>

On 8/27/07, Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Having watched (and occasionally delivered) some heavy-handed
> clue-by-four training to Mark, perhaps he simply wants to keep some
> dignity here by not admitting such an error and having half the
> mailing list laugh at him.  I can completely understand the sentiment,
> and I respect his desire to keep his mistake to himself.
>
> Having said that... this is the centos mailing list.....
>
> OUT WITH IT MAN! WE WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!111111eleventy111!!!
>
> :-P
>
> /God I'm a jerk

Oh, fine,, I can't resist this one (LOL!).

I already had the file open, but minimized, where it is invisible
entirely unless you are in the workspace where it is minimized, and
then it is hard to see unless you (okay, me) are looking for it.

I did file a feature request with the OO folks that if a file that is
already open is opened again that there be  SOME response that is more
than just nothing (preferred actionL restore the window in its own (or
the current) workspace, alternatively flash something on the task
bar).

I did say that I would not rule out operator error.

So much for my dignity.  Thanks, Jim and everyone.

:-)