[CentOS] Creating your own CA and SSL certificates

Tue Aug 28 07:31:18 UTC 2007
Patrick <centos-list at puzzled.xs4all.nl>

On Mon, 2007-08-27 at 17:19 -0400, Brian Mathis wrote:
> I've been looking all over (google, wiki, manuals) for docs, and I
> can't find any mention of how to set up a CA or certificates
> *specifically for centos 5 / upstream 5*.  There are plenty of generic
> guides on using openssl for this sort of thing, but I'd like to play
> nice within the standard structure of this system.
>
> I've found the /etc/pki directory, but can't find much information
> about it.  I reviewed the openssl.cnf file, and it looks like it's not
> completely set up, as many directories it references do not exist on
> the system.
>
> What I'm looking to do is set up my own CA, then make some
> certificates for use with SSL, and sign them with the CA.  This will
> be used for internal purposes.
>
> Any pointers to guides or information would be appreciated.
> Thanks.

Hi Brian, I did some more digging and maybe this link has some
information that is useful:
http://blog.laimbock.com/2007/08/28/svn-and-websvn-over-ssl-with-self-signed-certificates/
The self-signed certificate stuff is at item 10 to 14 (skip 12).

Regards,
Patrick