It works, almost - Re: [CentOS] Installing Centos 5 on one system and moving the HD to another....

Wed Aug 29 04:47:32 UTC 2007

I did the install onto the HD in the Compaq, set inittab to 3 and moved
the HD to the decTOP.

I booted without the ethernet USB dongle, and after I was logged in, I
plugged it in.  I had to bring up eth0 and start dhclient.  But the
network is working.

But X is not.  Different video.

/etc/sysconf/hwconf has the right info:

Class: VIDEO
bus: PCI
detach: 0
desc: "National Semiconductor Corporation Geode GX2 Graphics Processor"
vendorId: 100b
deviceId: 0030
subvendorId: 100b
subdeviceId: 0030