[CentOS] My server won't boot (grub looping - stage2)

Thu Aug 30 20:21:36 UTC 2007
mbneto <mbneto at gmail.com>

Hi Robert,

I've tried that.

My /boot is located in a different partition than / so...

grub>find /grub/stage1
(hd0,0)
(hd1,0)
(hd2,0)

grub> root (hd0,0)  <-- i've tried also the hd1,0 with the same results
grub> setup (h0,0)
checking if /boot/grub/stage1 exists...yes
checking if /boot/grub/stage2 exists...yes
checking if /boot/grub/e2fs_stage1_5 exists...yes
Running embed /boot/grub/e2fs_stage1_5 (hd0) 16 sectors succeeded
Running install /boot/grub/stage1 (hd0) (hd0)1+16p (hd1,0)/boot/grub/stage2
/boot/grub/grub.conf succeeded

But no luck with boot.  Still a loop but this time nothing appears...