[CentOS] unstable libdg error when ./configure Perfparse on Nagios 2.x / CentOS 4.x

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 22:04:29 UTC 2007

On 12/1/07, Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:
> Your original email had a "lib64" path, implying that had a 64bit machine,
> which if you were manually installig 32bit packages would explain everything.

I'm sorry for the confusion.  My original email was quoting the FAQ on
Perfparse's documentation, not reflecting my box's output

> 'uname -m' will tell you if have 32bit or 64bit OS.  Don't guess.

uname -m -> i686 (as does /proc/cpuinfo).

> No, nothing special needs to be done other than having the correct devel
> packages installed.  I suspect you've got things mucked up at this point.

I'm sorry, I'm confused.  When I run "rpm -q", I get all i386 packages
(for everything on that box).  The 64 bit stuff was not* installed.

The problems started occuring when another admin "yum remove" 'd gd
and gd-devel, which also removed all Nagios related stuff.  I yum
installed Nagios, and when I went to configure, I got this libgd
unuseable error.

Before this snafu, my problem was related to make, not related to
configure.  Now I've gotta fix this problem with configure before I
can go back and figure out what my problem was before.

As far as I know, this is a corrupt package issue, and I'm hoping that
there is fairly non-disrputive way of reinstalling everything required
for PerfParse.