[CentOS] Obtuse-smtpd and Postfix

Manuel Leon

sistemas at sanjuan.co.cu
Sun Dec 2 00:22:18 UTC 2007

Hi all..

I would like to switch to CENTOS Postfix from sendmail. My current
sendmail, in combination with

the very old obtuse-smtpd, allows me:

1.       To control who of the internal users can     send mail and
to which domain or accounts

2.       To control who of the internal users can receive mail and from
which domain or accounts

3.       To obtain a copy of all         sent mails

4.       To obtain a copy of all received mails

Obtuse-smtpd is very easy to configure and very effective. It takes
control of all smtp activities over Port

25 and, after filtering and checking, passes the safe mails to sendmail
for final delivery. Obtuse can, also,

check for addressability, through DNS, of the mail sender and other
useful features.

Unfortunately, obtuse-smtpd is so old that it works only (don't be
surprised) with old sendmail versions.

So, I always have to uninstall the in-OS shipped modern sendmail version
and replace it with the proper

old version.

Now:

Can Postfix do all this ?

Or, at least:

Can Postfix work in combination with obtuse-smtpd ? (at the end, obtuse
just calls

sendmail for the real mail delivery; it only receives mail in port 25
and checks what it

receives with its rules, allowing or rejecting at the end)

Thanks a lot, in advance.

M. Leon