[CentOS] CentOS 5 and removing sendmail

Joseph L. Casale jcasale at ActiveNetwerx.com
Sun Dec 2 17:06:52 UTC 2007

>That said, I don't know why one would use CentOS and then compile
>postfix from source packages and then have to assume all responsibility
>for updates.
>
>Craig

Well, mainly because CentOS is the distro I have decided to use while learning Linux and that version of Postfix is the one I need to experiment with :)
During compilation, it stated it handles switching over to postfix on its own! Maybe life is just that easy sometimes, heh...

Thanks!
jlc