[CentOS] unstable libdg error when ./configure Perfparse on Nagios 2.x / CentOS 4.x

Rogelio scubacuda at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 23:04:36 UTC 2007

On 12/1/07, Garrick Staples <garrick at usc.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 01, 2007 at 02:04:29PM -0800, Rogelio alleged:
> > The problems started occuring when another admin "yum remove" 'd gd
> > and gd-devel, which also removed all Nagios related stuff.  I yum
> > installed Nagios, and when I went to configure, I got this libgd
> > unuseable error.
> >
> > Before this snafu, my problem was related to make, not related to
> > configure.  Now I've gotta fix this problem with configure before I
> > can go back and figure out what my problem was before.
> >
> > As far as I know, this is a corrupt package issue, and I'm hoping that
> > there is fairly non-disrputive way of reinstalling everything required
> > for PerfParse.
>
> config.log has the actual error that will tell us the problem.

After talking my problem over with several other CentOS ppl, I think
that my best solution is to just either (a) compile GD from scratch,
or (b) scrape box and redo (since it's not in production yet).

Anyone have any suggestions for (a)?  Fortunately, I have my NagiosQL
mysql dump, so restoring all of my Nagios files will be really easy
once I rebuild it (which I can do in like 2 hours now).