[CentOS] video capture via nvidia g3, cento5 (rhel5) - arrrgghhh

Paul

unix at bikesn4x4s.com
Mon Dec 3 01:03:18 UTC 2007

I've never messed with video capture on a linux system, and someone point
me the right direction?  I've been googling like crazy, and can't seem to
get any good pointers.  I'm trying to get some kind of video capture
working and eventually get a live cam setup and security setup with motion
sensing.  I've given up on getting my USB webcam to work.  I'm now trying
via the video input of my G3 card.  I've installed the latest nvidia
drivers for g3 and still no go.  Not sure I even have the slightest clue
of what I'm doing.  Any pointers or good resources?  Thanks.