[CentOS] Re: [CentOS-announce] Release for CentOS-5.1 i386 and x86_64

Johnny Hughes johnny at centos.org
Mon Dec 3 07:20:19 UTC 2007

Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) wrote:
> On 03/12/2007, James A. Peltier <jpeltier at cs.sfu.ca> wrote:
>> Karanbir Singh wrote:
>>> This is the first release where we are also publishing a special
>>> netinstall iso that can be used to start a remote install. Its
>>> included in the isos/ directory. This iso is in addition to the
>>> boot.iso published in the images/ directory of the distribution -
>>> there are no changes to that file.
>
> Is this netinstall ISO pretty much the same as the ServerCD of the
> CentOS 4 series?

No .. it is the boot.iso, but moved over into the ISOs directory.

We will try to have a single Server CD for centos-5 as well ... the
problem is, it is harder to get a sane install with centos-5 that fits
on one CD and is not just a minimal install.  The minimal install
already is able to be done from CD-1.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes