[CentOS] Cannot boot after upgrading to Centos 5.1

Alain Spineux aspineux at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 14:01:26 UTC 2007

On Dec 3, 2007 2:55 PM, Alain Spineux <aspineux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 3, 2007 2:40 PM, Mogens Kjaer <mk at crc.dk> wrote:
> > My local centos mirror (ftp.crc.dk) failed to boot
> > after having upgraded from centos 5.0 to 5.1 (i386).
> >
> > It just displays
> >
> > GRUB
> >
> > The cursor is positioned to the right of a space after
> > GRUB, and no input is accepted.
> >
> > I've tried booting in rescue mode and run:
> >
> > chroot /mnt/sysimage
> > grub-install /dev/cciss/c0d0
> >
> > This completes without errors, but still it can't boot.
> >
> > It's a HP/Compaq Proliant ML370 with a smartarray 5312 controller.
>
> Maybe the the module is not included into the new initrd image (if you
> have upgraded your kernel too)
>
> boot in rescue mode, check /etc/modprobe.conf if your controller module is in,
> and run mkinitrd with appropriate parameters, maybe forcing the module
> inclusion.

Ops  forget this, you problem is long before this.
You already tried the good operation (grub-install)
Sorry.

Did you check if your /boot/grub/grub.conf looks correct ?

Do you have multiple "Volume", I mean is your raid split into multiple Volumes ?
Or do you have separate ATA or SCSI drives ?

--
Alain Spineux
aspineux gmail com